Crawl, Walk, Run Weekly Update September 18, 2011Posted by gogirlcindy in Announcements, Challenges.
I want to share the inspiration and motivation that is spreading through the group.
Jessica wasn’t able to join us on Saturday morning, but after our run on Thursday – she was inspired to get up and run Saturday morning on her own. On Saturday Hazel and I discussed our weekend plans; Hazel wanted to do a 3+ mile job – and SHE DID. I wanted to get my 6 mile Forest Lawn walk in this weekend…and I just got back from a power walk up those hills. The group support is very powerful. Don’t worry if you can’t come to every event – join us and we’ll help you keep up the pace on your own! If you are running or walking on your own, feel free to share you accomplishments…it is inspiring for everyone to hear what you’ve been doing! 🙂
With that in mind, we have a CHALLENGE for this week. We’re starting off on Week 26 on our Marathon Training schedule. This week’s goal is to walk or run for 80 minutes, but this week I challenge you to walk or run 100 minutes.
We have five events scheduled for this week:
- Monday @ 6:30 pm: Nibley Park to Verdugo (2.5 miles)
- Wednesday @ 6:30 am: Griffith Park / LA River Loop (4.5 miles)
- Thursday @ 6:30 pm: Burbank, Chandler Bikeway Loop (5.5 miles)
- Saturday @ 8:00 am: Griffith Park Loop (5.25 miles)
- Sunday @ 10:30 am: Welcome Autumn Hike & Lunch @ the Trails Café
Hope to see you sometime this week!! And don’t forget to JOIN THE CHALLENGE!